Saturday, March 5, 2011

Circuit Diagram Sine Wave Inverter

Castle Cake sirens

Hi tod @ s!

Today I'm the cake I made for Carla, she is the daughter of Monty, a co-worker, yes, another lol, with a lot before I asked if he could do the birthday cake of his daughter, a Castle sirens, which she loves cake .. it was so, with intent to King Triton included! ;-)


Here an aerial view of the figures, Ariel had given a good surfeit of plankton and algae (the Mermaids do not eat meat or fish, lol) judging from its plump appearance ;-). The name is not on the cake, because I do not remember, so I had to call first thing and paint it before entering the last minute.



MSC
Two vanilla cake topped with vanilla syrup and filled with chocolate ganache fondant, fondant cover is brand Credipar, figures and gum paste filipino pastillaje towers.

And how I promised .... I said in my earlier castle that I would make a step by step of how I .. I preview the photos are a KK, do not know how hard it is to self-photos with a hand full of sugar, and mobile, if all that add that mine is not the photography (and I've said many times ) .. because the result is this .. try to explain as best as possible .. if you have doubts you can always see me .. and said this .. here we go ...

first thing filipino prepare the frosting, it's easy but yes, we must ensure sufficient time to realize that the towers harden well and leave when we are not going to ride it, the recipe is Megasilvita I've always used it and I have worked perfectly, but as I always say, everyone adapts recipes to your tastes and needs.

filipino Pastillaje

Ingredients

60cl (or half cup) of water
7g. neutral gelatin powder
500 gr. powdered sugar (I must confess that I add sugar "eye", because depending on the humidity will need more or less sugar, the ideal is to get a dough does not stick to hands or marble).

Development

Add the sugar to the water as rain and we hydrated, this will take about three minutes, once hydrated put it in the microwave for 20 seconds or bath, but remember that you should never boil, but the gelatin lose their property.
In a bowl place the sieved icing sugar to prevent lumps, do a kind of volcano in the center and add the gelatin with water, mix well, first with a spoon and then knead end up on the table or marble.

is not necessary to let it rest, I use it directly.

Development of the castle towers

We previously prepared tubes of cardboard (I use the paper I have left Albal or film) to be lined with plastic wrap. Once


dyed frosting (made with any pasta and sugar, I add a little dye in helping with a palillito pasta), extend a finite layer of frosting on the marble and trim the sides to match.


Sprinkle powdered sugar or cornstarch on the frosting to avoid is then glued the cardboard tube and can not remove.

At the edge of the plate apply a little water using a brush (and the sides of the frosting will stick), as you can see the rest of the glass plate has the above ... also the rest of the marble hehe


Funky Now the frosting on the tube .. I start on the dry side (top) and roll it up, aiming for me, once the two sides together with the fingertips to achieve proper bonding.


Y the result here, so that it can put pressure Lisita as a bit with a smoothing fondant, not too much as this would spoil the barrel.


Once covered the towers, we cut the same size, two highest and two smaller, equally short with me for a knife, being the wet frosting will do easily, we will leave it dry to support them, or in vertical or horizontal, so, for about three days or so, depending on the thickness of the tablets, and turning from time to time to avoid warping.


To assemble the cake, covered two biscuits of varying degrees, a larger and a smaller one and assemble the cake on the base, durito porexpan best. On the lower level will place a stick of wood, I cut a large skewers, or ones that sell Wilton House, which of course are more expensive and have the same utility and placed a cardboard disc covered with foil, in this form the "pillars" to be placed on the lower floor will withstand the higher weight and keep it from sinking us, especially if we used a sponge cake too (no photo of this) .. after placing the two floors both with a cross long skewer or stick, and pressed until it has been nailed to the base of Styrofoam.



Now I do is make a border of icing on the sleeve, in the castle of the picture I did with imitating fondant icing priedras but we make sure the columns are firmly attached. Finally

place towers, do it right after putting the icing, it will still be wet and we will glue. To put put the vertical tube (it is better if any windows decorated with the first, so will all the same height and make it easier) and click two long skewers at each end, pressing a little bit so they are nailed to the base and letting sobresagan a little above and we will be tight.


Note: In the photo you will see that is the edge of icing before did that and finally put the icing, Buuut with the towers is much more complicated, so the last castle I did what I did along the first and is much better, not if I explained and you loose a roll ;-)

Finally we will put the roof of the tower, I have not figured out how to call ;-) I usually do with ice cream cones, we I simply sticking with a plump water fondant cutter I do with a round, and then leave them lying close to glaze that I put into the ice cream cone. In Mercadona were some who were fantastic and have substituted for others that are too long and not straight from the top, so I tune them is an extra task, what I do is cut the tip and place it carefully under, I stick Glazed and I can only chorus, then the irregular short careful not to break the cookie .. the moment I am looking to find others of this there is no picture because I found the cones and he improvised these churritos told me that after Montse gave much play to adults jejejeje ...

you have added all the details you want, door, flowers, curtains, stars ... and your castle will have done .. I regret not having more pictures but as I said I doubt you can always see, hope you have helped. (Photo of Princess Castle Cake Gina ).



A kiss tod @ s and good weekend!




0 comments:

Post a Comment