Sunday, August 15, 2010

How Long Should A Trolling Motor Last

Cairo day 15: my birthday!

This is the third time my birthday in Cairo and is asking me the same excitement as the first time ... We understand you have to: for a birthday girl in August is a real pain in the ass, all your friends are on holiday and only just celebrating with your family .. So pick up the old childhood traumas, celebrate outside the country makes me feel a little more special, even without cake or candles ..

Today is our last day here and we have nothing to go .. Well, there are so many things to see ... but today is something like our day off, shopping. Let al Khalili in the morning and the first vendor to get stressed out I try I do not know how he does it, but just offering more of what you ask for and still not giving laps. No way ... MaríaLuján decided I better pick and it dedicated to the negotiation, which I am grateful for letting me head like a drum.

In the afternoon we return to the market .. make the trip from the hotel to Khalili and nothing less, the streets are deserted and if I say they are recording the Egyptian remake Open your eyes believe me .. taxis are missing, the shops of what we have called the Paseo de Gracia are closed and some corners have provided tables and chairs where people are eating, breaking the fast.



We leave a tip huge, perhaps because after all is what it usually costs the way and because deep down we have made for bringing us this time so delicate .. from the overpass that connects Al-Azhar to the market recorded the scene that I can not believe at all. The market streets are almost deserted, almost everyone uses to eat and hear only one language: English .. rietete you of globalization. We entered through streets that are not normally would get, because they tend to be stop and go window-shopping by letting time pass and return to work. One of the jewelry out to open our windows in case we get some piece and say I can not help please keep eating if you need and we will call ...

the end, just shopping in one of the jewelry .. at first I met some years ago and buzzes with Amina Mariateresa .. Naguib and we are going to enjoy our last night. Is almost empty and we got place in front of the musicians, surrounded by regular customers already know my name and end up singing happy birthday when MaríaLuján told that today is mine .. Not only play and sing the song, but the drummer, after going a few moments, he appeared with a box given to me in which there was a perfume bottle with beautiful ..

Our table full of juices and non-alcoholic cocktails and shisha lasts us over an hour thanks to the expertise that we are changing the coal .. the waiters know that we will not stop smiling ... we miss them, but they miss for a while our smiles and laughter, no doubt ... when we said goodbye to all the musicians were given away to some castanets MaríaLuján and Shaabi each ..

At half past ten we're back at the hotel, ready to go out again and just enjoy our last night on the town .. until three o'clock in the morning peak do not appear by the hotel. At six we stand up and we have not packed their bags ..

0 comments:

Post a Comment